Brow Forehead Lift
Brow lift, also known as brow forehead lift, is a minimally-invasive surgical procedure widely indicated to correct low-positioned or sagging eyebrow. Brow lift significantly improves the furrows or creases that develop across the forehead and on the nose bridge of the nose, which is commonly known as frown lines. Plastic Surgeon Dr. Sadove performs a brow lift surgery by placing an endoscope (pencil-sized surgical video device) under the forehead skin (within the hairline) through a small incision, while watching the procedure on a TV monitor.
• Brow Lift – Is it for me?
• What are procedures involved in Brow Lift?
• What are the possible side effects/complications?
• How long it may take to recover?
• How I can take care of myself after surgery?
• How much will this procedure costs for me?
• Medical terms that are worth knowing
Brow Lift – Is it for me?
Our answer is Yes – Especially, if you are concerned about the aging signs in the eyebrow areas or by low-positioned, flat eyebrows. Aesthetically, brow lift can enhance your appearance and also your self-confidence.
This is a surgical procedure that:
• Corrects or re-positions the low-positioned or sagging eyebrows that add more skin to the upper eyelid.
• Tightens and raises your eyebrows and helps you to achieve more feminine and youthful appearance with happy and restful eyebrows.
• Corrects the frown lines, which are vertical lines that form between your brows.
• Improves your appearance by minimizing the horizontal lines that develop across the forehead and creases that occur on the bridge of the nose.
Brow lift procedure is typically performed with other complimentary rejuvenation procedures that include:
• Cosmetic eyelid surgery – to restore your youthful appearance and give more refreshed look to your aging eyes.
• Skin resurfacing procedures – to improve your skin texture and appearance that gives you more youthful appearance.
• Facelift procedure – a cosmetic surgical procedure to reduce aging signs in the mid-to- lower facial and neck areas.
Is it suitable for me/Am I fit for this procedure?
Before opting for brow lift, you should understand that this procedure is a personalized procedure. You should not do it, if you try to mimic someone else or trying it for someone else’s wish. The purpose of this procedure is actually to improve/restore your youthful appearance and you can discuss with the Plastic Surgeon to make sure if this is something really you should opt for.
This surgery is ideal for you if:
• You have no serious medical problems
• If you’re not a smoker
• You have overall good outlook but needs to improve your appearance.
What are the procedures involved in Brow lift surgery?
* Administration of anesthesia
Anesthetic drugs and/or gases including general anesthesia and intravenous sedation must be administered by a Board Certified Anesthesiologist during the brow forehead lift procedure. You can discuss with Dr. Sadove and decide which medication(s) is/are best for you.
* The incision
Plastic Surgeon Dr. Sadove is extensively experienced in performing brow lift procedure using an endoscope and other surgical instruments that are placed beneath the skin via the small incisions. In this way, the tissues can be re-positioned at a higher level, and this procedure does not require incisions at the side of the scalp. The image below is an example of Dr Sadove work which raises the eyebrows to give a more pleasing rested and feminine appearance to the face.
However, the correction of sagging or low-positioned brow(s) involves the utilization of an endoscope through the cuts at the scalp and the temples.
This procedure may require incisions that can be discreetly performed within the natural crease of the upper eyelids to fend-off the aging-associated lines that develops between the eyebrows and/or on the bridge of the nose.
Due to risk of developing several procedure-related problems, Dr. Sadove prefers not to perform the old coronal brow lift procedure.
You can gradually see visible results once the bruising and swelling subsides. Within a week or so, you can see forehead skin with good texture and appreciable youthful, restful eyebrows.
* Suturing the incisions after surgery
Dr Sadove closes the lift incisions by:
• Using fine, absorbable or removable sutures during the procedure
• In certain cases, he may opt for special clips to close the incisions.
Step 4 – You can see the final, aesthetic results that are usually long-lasting.
Brow elevation can be maintained overtime by using permanent sutures to suspend the muscles and tissues of the brow region(s).
What are the possible side effects/complications?
Your decision to opt for a brow lift surgery is extremely personal and the benefits you’ll have after surgery should outweigh the potential risks (if any). It is important to make sure the possible side effects are acceptable for you.
Dr. Sadove will explain all the possible risks and complications associated with brow lift surgery. Upon explaining in detail, you will be asked to formally sign an informed consent form to ensure that you fully understand about the procedure and any risks/complications that may arise during and/or after the procedure.
Some of the potential rare and unusual risks associated with brow lift surgery include:
• Clotting of blood beneath the skin (hematoma)
• Risk of developing infection (post-procedural)
• Delayed or poor wound healing process
• Elevated hairline
• Anesthesia-related complications
• Hair loss at the incision site which are usually correctable
• Facial asymmetry
• Altered skin sensation with numbness or intense itching
• Dry eyes with or without sense of irritation
• Irregular skin contours
• Sutures may become visible or protrude out of the skin surface that can possibly cause irritation and requires removal.
• Pain which may tend to persist overtime
• Skin swelling with discoloration
• Accumulation of fluid in the site of surgery
• Facial nerve injury that may lead to facial paralysis or weakness
• Certain individuals may require revisional surgery.
How long it may take to recover?
Once your procedure is completed, Dr Sadove usually will loosely wrap your head and forehead to minimize bruising and swelling. Rarely, a thin draining tube may be present to drain excess fluid or blood that collect under the skin.
You may feel anxious or pre-operative stress or get excited for your anticipated new look. It is natural for everyone. You can discuss about these feeling with your doctor. Should you have any questions about the procedure or the post-operative care/recovery, make sure to ask Dr. Sadove.
The success rate of the medical procedures need not be the same in every patient. Although, good treatment outcomes are expected, no one can guarantee the complete success of the procedure. In certain cases, it may not be possible to achieve desired results with a single surgical procedure. In such situation, the patient may need another surgery.
It is important to seek immediate medical help if you experience unusual heart beats, shortness of breath and chest pain. In such situations, you may need to be hospitalized for additional treatment.
How I can take care of myself after surgery?
To achieve desired success after your surgery, it is important to follow Dr. Sadove’s advice. You must take utmost care of surgical incisions during the healing period. It should not be subjected to excessive motion, force, abrasions and swelling to avoid post-surgical complications.
Post-operative instructions that you must follow
Dr. Sadove will instruct you the ways to take care of the surgical site, medications that you need to take orally or apply onto the wound to aid healing process, reducing the risk of infections, maintaining general health and well being after the surgery and when to follow-up.
With proper medical care, initial wound healing can occur within 5-10 days and the sutures will be removed at that time. After this stage, you are ready to resume your work and routine day-to-day life. You can use cosmetics to mask any bruising, if any.
It may take several weeks for complete wound healing after the swelling subsides and incision lines tend to fade. These events happen over months, followed by complete recovery.
To maintain your rejuvenated, youthful appearance, you need to have life-long sunlight protection by using various measures that prevent sunlight-induced skin damage or aging. Living a healthy lifestyle can be beneficial that extend the surgery results and help you to maintain your youthful appearance.
How much this procedure cost for me?
Cost considerations usually matters when it comes to elective surgeries including brow lift surgery. The total cost may vary. Dr Sadove has extensive experience and the treatment facility is top notch.
You need not to worry about the surgery cost. Dr. Sadove offers affordable patient financing plans. The surgery cost usually includes:
• Plastic Surgeon’s fee
• Medical diagnostic tests
• Hospital and/or surgical facility costs
• Anesthesia fees
• Prescriptions for medications.
Your satisfaction matters for us more than a fee.
By choosing Dr. Sadove for brow lift surgery, you are demonstrating that you understand Dr. Sadove’s experience in the field and your comfort with him is just as important as the cost of the brow lift surgery.
Remember, most of the health insurance companies do not cover cosmetic surgeries cost and/or its complications.
Medical terms that are worth knowing
• Brow lift: A surgical procedure to rectify the sagging or low-positioned brows. The procedure corrects the furrows that form across the forehead and between the brows.
• Endoscope: A pencil-sized video device being used in surgical procedures, which may be sometimes employed in brow lift procedures.
• General anesthesia: A pain-masking drug and/or gases used during surgical procedures to numb the pain, and to sedate the patient.
• Hematoma: A solid swelling with collection of blood beneath the skin
• Intravenous sedation: Sedatives or conscious altering injections that are injected into the blood vessel (vein) to alter the patient’s conscious, and to relieve the pain during surgery.
• Local anesthesia: An anesthetic drug that is usually applied directly onto the site of procedural incision to mask the pain sensation.
• Skin resurfacing: A procedure to enhance the clarity, general appearance and texture/tone of the skin.
• Sutures: Surgical stitches performed by surgeons to hold the skin and tissue together after a surgical procedure.